Recipe by NYSherri
This is the only stuffing I have ever liked...(I also love it). I have not yet figured out how to make without being in the cavity of a turkey. I'm posting it "as is" in hopes others will provide their variations without the help of the turkey cavity....
- 2 French baguettes
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 medium onions
- 4 celery ribs (tops included okay)
- 2 carrots (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic clove
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince onions, celery, carrots, parsley and green onions.
- Cut baguettes into small cubes.
- Spread cubed baguettes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat for 4 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring after 2 minutes; set aside. I do it in batches.
- Saute onions, celery, carrots and garlic for 10 minutes in butter.
- Add loose sausage and cook until no longer pink. You have to keep separating the sausage while cooking with a spatula. This does not affect the veggies in the pan. (DO NOT drain).
- Add parsley, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to "large" bowl.
- To that add bread and oil to sausage mixture. Mix ingredients together well.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to stuff your turkey.