Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
This is my cousin Frank's dip that is requested for every family get together. It is super easy and tastes good.
- 1 can chili (with or without beans)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (can use regular, light or non fat)
- tortilla chips
- Heat the chile and the cream cheese together in a saucepan at medium heat.
- Stir frequently so it does not burn on the bottom.
- Heat until cream cheese is melted and dip is heated through.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
How much easier can you get? This is a tasty dip that comes together very quickly and goes well with tortilla chips. I think next time I might just add some velvetta or grated cheddar cheese. Will definitely keep this recipe handy. Made for Spring PAC, April, 2013.
For such a basic dip this is really good. I've always loved the dips that have layers of cream cheese, chili and cheddar and this reminded me of those (minus the cheddar, of course). I plan to add this to my super-quick appetizer list and I might play with it a little and try adding some grated cheddar. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.