Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a Pillsbury Bake Off recipe.
Make and share this Franks and Beans Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mccormick or schilling dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- 1 (21 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1 lb hot dog, sliced
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 1⁄4 cups hungry jack instant potato flakes
- 1 cup pillsbury best all-purpose flour or 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mccormick or schilling parsley flakes
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except Topping in ungreased 3-quart casserole or 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- (Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.) Combine all Topping ingredients except parsley flakes; blend well.
- Drop by spoonfuls around edge of casserole; sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until Topping is light golden brown and meat mixture is bubbly.
This was one of those things that is really good but you shouldn't eat it often, but there are probably ways to make it a bit healthier. I really liked it, 2 of the kids did too. The other liked the bottom, but he didn't like the topping.
Really easy, though too fattening for me to eat very often. I did skip the French-fried onions & didn't miss them. I also added a bit of garlic powder to the potato mixture. Enjoyable comfort food!