Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great salad for Thanksgiving dinners.
- 1 cup finely shredded raw carrot
- 2 (4 ounce) packages lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- Prepare Jello according to package directions.
- Stir in carrots and pineapple.
- Pour into 9 X 13 inch pan or other mold.
- Chill over night. Keep leftovers chilled.
This is a walk down memory lane. My mom made Sunshine Salad but used orange jello, shredded carrots, crushed pineapple and I think sometimes mandarin oranges made an appearance. I have recently started to revisit jello as an option just as a way to get more fruit and veggies in the diet. Most of these jello recipes can be calorie reduced by using sugar free jello without changing the final product at all.
I love the carrot/pineapple combo in this salad and the lemon jello is refreshing. I drained the pineapple into a measuring cup then added water to fill to 3 3/4 cup . Heated and dissolved the gelatin, adding in the carrots and pineapple. By taking away 1/4 cup water you are assured the jello with set, due to the remaining moisture in the pineapple. As the jello begins to set up you may want to stir it so the fruit/veggies will be mixed throught out the jello. Made for *PAC Fall 2007* game