Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a delicious alternative to plain ole hotdogs in buns.
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 lb frankfurter
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- 12 hot dog buns
- Cook onion and bell pepper in butter until onion is soft.
- Add sugar, dry mustard, paprika, ketchup, vinegar, water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and chives.
- Bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes.
- Make slashes in frankfurters and put in a greased shallow baking dish in a single layer.
- Pour boiled mixture over them.
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for about 20 minutes, basting several times with sauce.
- Remove from oven.
- Break cooked bacon into pieces and sprinkle over.
- Serve in heated hotdog buns.