Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Hey we stir-fry everything else these days, so why not hot dogs!!
Make and share this Frankfurter Vegetable Stir-fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 6 ounces frankfurters, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup prepared instant chicken broth, and seasoning mix (prepared according to packet directions, at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- In 9 or 10" nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot,pepper and garlic; saute about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Reduce heat to low; add cabbage; cover skillet; cook stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until cabbage wilts.
- Add frankfurter; cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile in measuring cup or small bowl stir broth, cornstarch and soy sauce until cornstarch dissolves; pour over franfurter mixture; cook and stir until slightly thickened.
We do this too with stir frys! Best to chop in rounds i always find with lots of veggies and noodles. Yummy Good idea :)
I just had to try this and I'm glad I did! I used all-beef hot dogs and I doubled the veggies but not the hot dogs. I added some broccoli just for fun. I put the hot dogs in the skillet w/ the onion and carrots (cuz of being raw). It's really very good; kids agree. I will make this again. Thanx for a new "fun" recipe!