Recipe by ms.susan
I had some leftover pork roast and frankfurters and followed an authentic jambalaya recipe. My partner Andy who is not fussy about rice LOVED it and even had seconds!
- 1 lb cooked pork (cubed)
- 3 frankfurters (ballpark style)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 1⁄2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot saute pork, franks, onions and garlic until onions are soft.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili powder, hot pepper sauce, black pepper, cayenne, Worcestershire liquid smoke, water, rice and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on very low heat until rice is cooked.