Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
In this casserole you add cottage cheese, instead of cheddar or american. Its easy to prepare and the ingredients go well together.
- 3⁄4 cup macaroni
- 6 frankfurters
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain well.
- Thinly slice four of the frankfurters; set aside.
- Cook onion and green pepper in butter till tender but not brown.
- Blend in flour, worcestershire, mustard, 1/4 teaspoons salt and dash of pepper; add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the sliced franks, cooked macaroni, and cottage cheese; mix well.
- Turn into a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Cut remaining 2 franks diagonally into thirds; arrange atop casserole.
- Bake till heated through, 15 minutes more.