Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a delicious casserole recipe I got from an old Edna Staebler cookbook a long time ago. I could eat the whole thing myself, although it is supposed to serve 3. You can double it for more people with no problem and they will all leave the table smacking their lips!
Top Review by Mysterygirl
I made this for lunch today. I liked the taste of the Miracle Whip, mustard & brown sugar together although I cut the sugar in half. The noodles are like mac & cheese. It's definitely comfort food.
- 1⁄4 lb noodles, cooked and drained
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 lb frankfurter, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cheese, flour, and salt.
- Stir this mixture, along with the milk and butter into the noodles.
- Pour the noodle mixture into a buttered shallow pan.
- Combine the sliced frankfurters with the brown sugar, miracle whip and mustard.
- Spoon evenly over top of the noodles.
- Bake at 375*F for 20 minutes.
- Recipe can be doubled very successfully.