- 453.59 g package frankfurters
- 14.79 ml olive oil or 14.79 ml corn oil
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 236.59 ml carrot, chopped
- 118.29 ml green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 453.59 g package navy beans, rinsed
- 2 (822.13 g) can beef broth
- 1419.54 ml hot water
- 453.59 g can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 3 whole bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice franks 1/4 inch think in pieces. Heat oil in a 4-quart pan and brown franks on all sides.
- Remove an refrigerate until ready to use.
- Put celery, green pepper, carrots, and garlic in same pan. Saute for 10 minutes, stirring. Remove from heat.
- Add beans, beef broth, water, tomatoes (optional), pepper, and bay leaves to pan with vegetables.
- Cover and cook for 2 hours on medium low or until beans are soft.
- Add franks. Remove bay leaves and serve warm.