1/2 Photos of Frankfurter and Lentil Soup
2 hrs 20 mins
Make ahead - freezes well
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package frankfurters
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 (16 ounce) package navy beans, rinsed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 (16 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 whole bay leaves
- 1Slice franks 1/4 inch think in pieces. Heat oil in a 4-quart pan and brown franks on all sides.
- 2Remove an refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3Put celery, green pepper, carrots, and garlic in same pan. Saute for 10 minutes, stirring. Remove from heat.
- 4Add beans, beef broth, water, tomatoes (optional), pepper, and bay leaves to pan with vegetables.
- 5Cover and cook for 2 hours on medium low or until beans are soft.
- 6Add franks. Remove bay leaves and serve warm.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frankfurter and Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.6
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 1821.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 14.6 g