Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Make ahead - freezes well
Make and share this Frankfurter and Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frankfurters
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 (16 ounce) package navy beans, rinsed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 (16 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 whole bay leaves
- Slice franks 1/4 inch think in pieces. Heat oil in a 4-quart pan and brown franks on all sides.
- Remove an refrigerate until ready to use.
- Put celery, green pepper, carrots, and garlic in same pan. Saute for 10 minutes, stirring. Remove from heat.
- Add beans, beef broth, water, tomatoes (optional), pepper, and bay leaves to pan with vegetables.
- Cover and cook for 2 hours on medium low or until beans are soft.
- Add franks. Remove bay leaves and serve warm.
Delicious! We really enjoyed this hearty soup for lunch today. I did make one small change and that was to use 2- 32 ounce boxes of beef broth and only 2 cups of water. The sauteed hot dogs are the perfect addition to an already fabulous navy bean soup. Oh, and I did use a can of hot Rotel- Yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)