Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons strong black coffee
- 1 tablespoon rum (I left it in) (optional)
- 5 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks one at a time.
- Add the chocolate, almonds, bread crumbs, coffee, and optional rum.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Butter the inside of a ring mold or Bundt pan and coat with sugar.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in a large pot of water that comes 2/3 up the side of the mold and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until the pudding is completely set.
- Cool for 5 minutes and invert onto a serving platter.
- Serve warm with whipped cream if desired.
Yummy! We are coffee lovers, so this recipe caught my eye. My husband absolutly loved it.