Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an original Cynna creation. I was working in the lab, err, kitchen late one night and I came up with this yummy hors d'ouevre. Given its autopsied look, the bf mentioned it looked like a frankenstein monster, hence Franken-peppers. It would make a great appy for an adult Halloween party, it's quite tasty but packs a heck of a wallop.
- 8 jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut and reserve the tops of the peppers.
- Slit pepper and remove seeds/membrane.
- Set aside.
- Mix the bread crumbs, salt, cumin, pepper chili powder and oregano.
- Add in minced garlic and onion until well coated.
- Add in melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Fill each pepper with filling and place in baking dish.
- Replace cap and fix in place with toothpicks.
- Add broth to dish and cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes or until peppers are tender.