1/1 Photo of Franken-Peppers (Chili-Crumb Stuffed Jalapenos)
This is an original Cynna creation. I was working in the lab, err, kitchen late one night and I came up with this yummy hors d'ouevre. Given its autopsied look, the bf mentioned it looked like a frankenstein monster, hence Franken-peppers. It would make a great appy for an adult Halloween party, it's quite tasty but packs a heck of a wallop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cut and reserve the tops of the peppers.
- 3Slit pepper and remove seeds/membrane.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Mix the bread crumbs, salt, cumin, pepper chili powder and oregano.
- 6Add in minced garlic and onion until well coated.
- 7Add in melted butter and stir until well combined.
- 8Fill each pepper with filling and place in baking dish.
- 9Replace cap and fix in place with toothpicks.
- 10Add broth to dish and cover with foil.
- 11Bake 20 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Franken-Peppers (Chili-Crumb Stuffed Jalapenos)
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 340.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: