1/1 Photo of Frank Sinatra's Tomato Spaghetti Sauce
From Another Taste of Palm Springs. Frank says that this goes well with hot French bread and Italian red wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a frying pan heat olive oil; add onion and the garlic. Saute until brown and remove the garlic.
- 2Put the canned tomatoes and the liquid from the can in a blender and mix gently, less than a minute.
- 3Slowly pour the tomatoes into the frying pan. Be very careful because the liquid on the oil has a tendency to explode. Let this simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the seasoning, stirring well.
- 4In the meantime, put 3 tablespoons of salt into a 4 quart pot of water and bring to a boil. When the sauce is almost ready, put the spaghetti into the boiling water. Stir occasionally and when the spaghetti is almost done, pour in a colander and immediately transfer to a heated platter.
- 5Pour the sauce over the the pasta and mix a little with 2 forks. Sprinkle with some chopped parsley and serve. Sprinkle with cheese,if desired, on top.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frank Sinatra's Tomato Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.7
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 202.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 10.7 g