- 3 green bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove stems and seeds from the green peppers and cut into large chunks.
- In an ovenproof baking dish that can also be used on top of the stove, saute green peppers in the olive oil until they begin to soften.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove green peppers and set aside.
- Brown sausage in the same dish, breaking up with a spoon.
- When sausage is browned, add the red wine.
- Cover with foil and bake about 40 minutes.
- Uncover baking dish and add sauted green peppers.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes.