Recipe by 4-H Mom
I found this recipe in a Casserole Cookbook.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This is a clever casserole. I made this as written, just adding some onions. I really didn't think that the cheese soup went that well mixed in with the sauerkraut. When I make this again, I would leave the cheese soup out of the kraut and pour it over the hot dogs. Or even use real cheese and sprinkle it on top. Thanx for a unique new recipe!
- 1 lb frankfurter
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 (27 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slash each frankfurter diagonally about 5 times at 1 inch intervals, set aside.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine soup and milk, stirring until smooth.
- Add mustuard and caraway seed. Stir in sauerkraut.
- Heat thououghly, stirring often until mixture is hot.
- Spread misture into a greased 10 x 6 x 2 inch baking dish. Arrange frankfurters over top.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and franks are slightly browned.