Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I like this recipe because it's so simple to make. It's from Better Homes and Gardens Low-Cost Cooking.
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 4 -5 frankfurters, sliced
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In saucepan cook onion in butter till tender but not brown.
- Blend in flour and salt. Add milk all at once; cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese, stirring to melt.
- Stir in parsley and mustard.
- Fold in potatoes and Frankfurters.
- Place in a 1 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or till heated through.
- Prep time does not include cooking and cooling of the potatoes.
It was good but I should have added a bit more liquid to it.
This is a easy filling dinner. It is also kid friendly.
This is a homemade version of one of my husband's favorite meals.....au gratin boxed potatoes with sausage cooked in the oven. He liked it and I thought it was okay so I'm sure I will make this again.