Recipe by NELady
From Like Grandma Used to Make by Reader's Digest, c. 1996. This is another beans and franks recipe - 4 ingredients, simple to put together, and good!
- 4 slices home-style whole wheat bread or 4 slices white bread
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 2 frankfurters, sliced
- 4 slices American cheese or 4 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425*F. Place bread slices in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the beans and frankfurters. Spread the bean mixture over bread to cover each slice completely, mounding slightly in the center.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through. Place a cheese slice on top of each bean sandwich. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or until the cheese melts.