Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
From Like Grandma Used to Make by Reader's Digest, c. 1996. This is another beans and franks recipe - 4 ingredients, simple to put together, and good!
- 4 slices home-style whole wheat bread or 4 slices white bread
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 2 frankfurters, sliced
- 4 slices American cheese or 4 slices swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425*F. Place bread slices in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the beans and frankfurters. Spread the bean mixture over bread to cover each slice completely, mounding slightly in the center.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through. Place a cheese slice on top of each bean sandwich. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or until the cheese melts.
Break out the napkins and get MESSY in a good way! I made these for lunch. DH loves "beanie weenies" and this was a real pleaser. Made for 1-2-3 Hits. Thanks NELady!
I made this for lunch today. Yummy, yummy, yummy! This was great! Like previous reviewer stated VERY messy, but worth the extra napkins! Thanks for posting NELady! I wll have this again! Made for 1.2.3 Hits
I love this sandwich. It is a bit messy. I made as stated except left my sandwich openfaced. I used left over homade baked beans. Thanks for a nice idea for lunch. Made for photo tag.