1/1 Photo of Frango Mint Pies
My mom gave me this recipe, which she got from my aunt who lives in Seattle. I guess Frango Mints are popular treats in the Northwest. They are called pies even though you make them using muffin tins. This dessert is one of my absolute favorites. As an option you can top each "pie" with vanilla wafer crumbs. We have never made them this way, but that is what the original recipe suggests as an option. They can be made ahead of time and last quite awhile in the freezer. Cook time includes freeze time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together butter and powdered sugar with a beater until well blended.
- 2Add the melted, cooled chocolate.
- 3Add the eggs and beat until blended.
- 4Add peppermint flavoring and beat again for five to six minutes.
- 5Place paper cups in muffin tin and spoon chocolate mixture into them.
- 6Freeze until set.
- 7Take them out 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frango Mint Pies
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.3
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 111.1 mg
- Sodium 134.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g