Recipe by Pikake21
Taken from the CookAlmostAnything blog. Oh boy do I love blogs..especially when wonderful little treats like this pop up on them!
For the Pastry
- 230 g plain flour
- 70 g self-raising flour
- 50 g icing sugar
- 150 g butter, cut into small dice
- 1 egg yolk
- ice water (water with ice cubes)
For the Frangipani filling
- 80 g butter, softened
- 80 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 80 g almond meal
Directions See How It's Made
- For the fruit mince:.
- For this recipe you'll need two 12 hole tart tins.
- In a processor, place the flours and sugar and pulse briefly to aerate.
- Sprinkle the diced cubes of butter over and pulse again until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and pulse again until just mixed through, then adding iced water 1 tablespoon at a time, continue to pulse until the dough just begins to come together.
- This mix needed 4 tablespoons of water.
- Place the dough onto a board and basically just mould the dough until it comes together.
- There's no need to knead! Roll into a ball and cut into half - slightly flatten each half into a disc, wrap in plastic and place in the fridge to rest for at least an hour or until the dough has hardened enough to roll.
- Each half of the dough will make 12 cases.
- For the Frangipani:.
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat using an electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat the eggs in, one at a time - make sure the egg is fully amalgamated before adding the second egg.
- Stir in the almond meal.
- Spoon the filling into each tart - try not to overfill as the frangipane will rise when cooked.
- Cook them in a preheated 350°F oven for 15-25 minutes or until golden.
- Let them cool slightly in the tray before removing onto a wire rack.