Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love anything almond-based, and this is no exception. I've made this before using marzipan in place of almond paste. You may want to reduce or omit the sugar if you do make the substitution.
- 7 ounces almond paste, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
- Preheat oven to 350° with rack in middle.
- Grease and flour a small cake pan.
- With electric mixer on low speed, blend almond paste, sugar and butter.
- Continue mixing, adding eggs one at a time.
- Mix on high until batter is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Sift in the cake flour.
- Gently fold into batter until just blended.
- Spread batter evenly into pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden and inserted toothpick comes out clean.