Risotto with a Orange Muscat wine, heavy cream, chocolate and Frangelico Liqueur create a Chocolate Risotto for Dessert.
- Place chocolate, 1/2 cup cream, 1-tablespoon butter, Frangiclo and sugar in a double boiler or bain-marie. Stir chocolate until completely melted and hold warm.
- In a large saute pan add butter and risotto. Saute 3-4 minutes adding wine in small amounts until all wine has been absorbed.
- Add warm cream 1/2 cup at a time until cream has been absorbed. Cook risotto until tender about 20-25 minutes and remove from heat.
- Combine creme fraiche, warm chocolate and stir. Fold chocolate into risotto.
- Pour Chocolate Risotto into custard cups and chill for 1 hour.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and fresh mint leaves.
- Chef's Note: Nebbia wine (Orange Muscat) came from the Half Moon Bay Winery, Half Moon Bay, Ca.