Recipe by TigerJo~
Another favorite recipe from the local paper: I love giving these candies for gifts. A digital thermometer makes this recipe a bit easier. Cooking time includes chilling time for filling. I've used milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet, and they still get rave reviews.
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 lb white chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Frangelico
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup ground toasted hazelnuts (filberts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently heat cream to the boiling point; add white chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- Cool 15 minutes and stir in Frangelico, transfer to a shallow dish and place in freezer for at least an hour, or until filling is firm; alternately, you may chill mixture for 2hrs in the refrigerator but I find the freezer works better.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper; when filling is firm, remove by teaspoonfuls and roll into balls (rinse hands with cold water to keep them cool if need be); let sit for 30 minutes.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate over hot water until half-melted; remove from heat and stir with wooden spoon until completely smooth; cool to 89°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper; place ground nuts in a pie pan or flat dish; dip white chocolate centers in semi-sweet chocolate, then roll in hazelnuts; Transfer to baking sheet.
- Cover candies with plastic wrap and dry at room temperature overnight, before storing in an airtight container.