Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 (250 g) box vanilla wafer cookies, ground to crumbs
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted (to remove lumps)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (make sure it is lump-free)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar or 1 cup icing sugar (for rolling)
- In a large bowl, mix together the crumbs, the first amount of icing sugar, nuts, cocoa and cinnamon; combine well.
- Dissolve coffee in boiling water, then stir in liqueur and vanilla into coffee.
- Mix wet mixture into dry mixture until all ingredients are moistened.
- Shape mixture into one-inch balls (depending on the temperature in your kitchen, you may have to chill mixture first to get them to hold together properly) and roll in either white sugar or icing sugar.
- Keep prepared balls refrigerated in a covered container.
- These will be great straight-off, but will improve if allowed to mellow for at least a day or two before serving.