Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Shell hazelnuts.
- Coarsely chop hazelnuts and place them on a baking sheet in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in an aging container.
- Stir in dries angelica root, vanilla bean, vodka and almond extract.
- Cap and let age for 1 month in a cool, dark place, shaking occasionally.
- After aging, pour through fine mesh strainer into a large bowl.
- Rinse out the aging container.
- Place cloth bag or triple cheesecloth inside large funnel.
- Place funnel over aging container, and pour liqueur through.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar and water; bring to boil.
- Immediately reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes, stirring to dissolve sugar completely.
- Let cool.
- When sugar syrup has cooled, add to aging container, stirring well to combine.
- Cap and let age 3 months.
- After second aging, re-strain through cloth or paper coffee filters until desired clarity is reached.
- Stir in glycerine and food coloring, if desired.
- Let age 2 more months before serving.