Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Make ahead. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with whipped cream.
Make and share this Franco’s Chocolate Pots De Creme recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Heat cream and sugar in small saucepan, stirring constanly until sugar is dissolved.
- Add chocolate, stir with rubber spatula until well blended.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place egg, salt and egg yolks in a bowl whisk until pale and slightly thickened.
- Heat milk and slowly pour over egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Add rum and whisk.
- Add egg mixture to chocolate mixture, whisking slowly to blend.
- Pour equally into 6 (6 ounce) ramekins.
- Place cups in a 13 x 9 pan and pour boiling water into pan around cups to about 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Bake 35 minutes or until tops darken.
- Chill 2 hours.