1 hr 20 mins
Phil Franco's Note:
Make ahead. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F
- 2Heat cream and sugar in small saucepan, stirring constanly until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Add chocolate, stir with rubber spatula until well blended.
- 4Remove from heat and set aside.
- 5Place egg, salt and egg yolks in a bowl whisk until pale and slightly thickened.
- 6Heat milk and slowly pour over egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- 7Add rum and whisk.
- 8Add egg mixture to chocolate mixture, whisking slowly to blend.
- 9Pour equally into 6 (6 ounce) ramekins.
- 10Place cups in a 13 x 9 pan and pour boiling water into pan around cups to about 1 1/2 inches deep.
- 11Bake 35 minutes or until tops darken.
- 12Chill 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Franco’s Chocolate Pots De Creme
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.2
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 280.2 mg
- Sodium 92.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g