Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is a simple recipe. I always cook my rice with a microwave rice cooker. Fast, easy and foolproof rice. You may add leftover cooked pork, precooked bacon, drained cooked sausage.
- Add all ingredients to rice cooker. Stir to mix.(Do not add optional ingredient).
- Set microwave on 70% power for 12 minutes.
- (My microwave is very high power so if it is under 1200 watts cook at least 14 minutes above.
- Take out and stir lightly so the meat will be distributed.(This is the time if you want to add blanched minced green pepper).
- Set microwave 70% power for 10 minutes.
- (My microwave is very high power so if it is under 1200 watts cook at least 12 minutes).
- Take out, let set for 10 minutes covered.
- Place in serving dish.
- Dot with margarine if you wish. No gravy needed. Very flavorable.
- Note: You can use dry Lipton Onion Soup Mix but do not use the whole package. It will be too salty in combination with the italian salad dressing. Use a little more water also.