Recipe by Chef Kate
A little French technique applied to an American classic.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
This is one of the most delicious coleslaw recipes I've ever tried. The recipe was cut in half
and I added 1 cup of shredded cabbage and two varieties of apples: Granny Smith and Pink Lady. The optional celery seed was used and I wouldn't omit it. Good quality maple syrup is very important. Reviewed for Veg Tag/November.
- 4 granny smith apples
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- celery seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the apples into julienne (matchsticks), ending up with about 2 cups of apple.
- Cut the onion and the carrot similarly, ending up with about 1/2 cup of matchsticks of each.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (except the celery seeds) to make the dressing.
- Toss the apples, carrots and onions gently in the dressing and chill for at least on hour.
- Remove the slaw from the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with celery seeds if desired.