Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Savoury mince topped with canned spaghetti and a cheese crust. Easy meal.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste or 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 400 g canned spaghetti in tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Chop onion finely.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, cook onions and garlic until soft.
- Add mince and cook until browned.
- Add tomato paste and mixed herbs, cook another five minutes.
- Layer a casserole dish with the mince, then the canned spaghetti, then the frozen peas.
- Top with the grated cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 20 - 30mins until nicely browned.
I made this for my husband and son as its just the kind of home cooked meal they both like. Very popular and enough left over for lunch sandwiches. Thanks for sharing.
Just had this for tea, and enjoyed it, was very yummy and tasty! thanks :)