Recipe by born to cook
I thought of this recipe while I was at school one day--it just popped in my head. I didn't know how it was going to turn out but it turned out great! Everyone loved it!I t is a great recipe!
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract (or 2 tsp of zest)
- 1 cup butter
- 8 tablespoons water
- 4 pealed and thinly sliced granny smith apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons tbsps cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup of melted butter
- 4 tablespoons tbsps honey
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and lemon together to combine.
- Cut butter into mixture to make a coarse meal then add the water.
- Mix until the mixture forms a ball if more water is needed, add by 2 tbsp increments.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 45 minute.
- Combine apples,sugar,cinnamon,cornstarch,and melted butter until it fully coats the apples.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Take dough out of fridge and roll it out into the shape of a rectangle and carefully place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Pour filling on top of the dough but leave room around the edges so you can fold them over later.
- Mix honey, cinnamon, sugar, and water then drizzle over the apples.
- Fold edges of crust over the filling so it looks like a picture frame then brush melted butter over crust.
- Put into a 400°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!