Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are many versions of this recipe and this is the one my grandmother has always made. It is really good! I personally leave out the nuts when I make, just not a big nut fan- I think the cheese is what mekes the difference and sets it apart from the rest.
- 2 -3 apples, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup celery, chopped fine
- pecans, finely chopped (to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb American cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip
- Mix together mayonnaise and Cool Whip.
- Add celery, pecans and cheese, mix thoroughly.
- Then add chopped apples, stir to combine.