I have plenty of time these days and decided to try out recipes, especially the ones that I had written down ages ago, but forgotten about ..... I don't remember where I got this recipe from but its a refreshing change from the other drinks. The star anise lends it a sort of exotic flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roughly crush the star anise using a pestle and mortar, and tip into a small pan along with the sugar and water.
- 2Dissolve the sugar in the water, bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Remove the pan from the heat and leave the star anise to steep in the syrup for 10 minutes.
- 4Cut the watermelon into chunks and put it through a juicer.
- 5Strain the anise syrup through a fine sieve and use to sweeten the melon juice. Stir well to combine the flavors.
- 6Fill 2 glasses two-thirds full with the juice, and top up with sparkling water.
- 7Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fragrant Watermelon Cooler
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g