Recipe by *Nabiha*
I have plenty of time these days and decided to try out recipes, especially the ones that I had written down ages ago, but forgotten about ..... I don't remember where I got this recipe from but its a refreshing change from the other drinks. The star anise lends it a sort of exotic flavor.
Directions See How It's Made
- Roughly crush the star anise using a pestle and mortar, and tip into a small pan along with the sugar and water.
- Dissolve the sugar in the water, bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave the star anise to steep in the syrup for 10 minutes.
- Cut the watermelon into chunks and put it through a juicer.
- Strain the anise syrup through a fine sieve and use to sweeten the melon juice. Stir well to combine the flavors.
- Fill 2 glasses two-thirds full with the juice, and top up with sparkling water.
- Serve chilled.