Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw this recipe and thought it sounded fantastic for chilly days.
Make and share this Fragrant Thai Style Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 150 g baby corn, cut on a diagonal into bite-sized pieces
- 75 g green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 500 g plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 chicken breasts, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add chili and lemongrass, sautéing for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the babycorn, beans and spring onions.
- Sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stock.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Mix cornflour with the water and then add that paste to the yogurt.
- Add entire mixture to the reduced stock and heat until almost boiling.
- Add the chicken to the pot and poach for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Add the coriander and serve immediately.