Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
The trick to a successful stir-fry is preparation. Here's a tip: before you go to bed, chop all veggies and refrigerate in sealed bags; the next night, dinner will go a lot quicker! Serve this dish with steamed rice or asian noodles.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, scraped and cut thin
- 1 cup raw broccoli floret
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 cup bok choy, chopped roughly
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped in 1-inch pieces
- sesame oil, to drizzle
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil and brown steak for about 5 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Stir-fry the vegetables: beginning with the carrots first, followed by broccoli, red and yellow peppers, and finally bok choy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange concentrate, Hoisin, curry paste and ginger.
- Pour over veggies and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Return beef to skillet and add oyster sauce; stir-fry for another minute.
- Don't overcook the veggies!
- Taste, add salt and pepper if you wish.
- Mound stir-fry on a platter, scatter green onions over dish and drizzle with sesame oil; serve immediately.
This was very easy and very yummy. I think next time, I might not be quite so generous with the curry paste, though - the kids thought it was a bit too spicy. I subbed pork for the beef and it was still really good. This one's a keeper. Thanks Lennie !
This was spicy and interesting combo of flavors--the orange and the curry paste--and we loved it! Added some chopped basil and cilantro to the final minute of stir frying.
I made this tonight subbing venison tenderloin for the steak and loved it. Next time I will halve the recipe for just the 2 of us and cut back on the Thai red curry paste a bit. DH thought it was a bit too spicy but it was just right for me. Thanks for the easy recipe. It's great with Jasmine rice.