Recipe by Oolala
From a cookbook put out by a restaurant in Philadelphia called The Frog Commissary. The oil was reduced from the original recipe. This has a subtle sesame, orange, ginger flavor which goes well with flank steak or leg of lamb.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar or 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) box orzo pasta
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo according to directions on box.
- Mix all other ingredients and blend over pasta and chill.
- Add raisins, shredded carrots, and pine nuts, and mix gently.
- Note, this can be made 1 day ahead of when you plan to serve it, just don't add the carrots or pinenuts until just before serving so they will remain crunchy.