1/1 Photo of Fragrant Salmon and Sesame Corn Salad
This salad is so wonderful! The taste of the corn combined with the sesame flavor and the sweet peppers and salmon is increadibly enticing and delicious... Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 ears corn
- rucola (arugula) or watercress
- 2 sliced bell peppers (Red and Yellow peppers provide really nice color contrast)
- 1/2 finely sliced red onion (cut this very thinly so that the rings are transparent)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1/2 chili pepper (or to taste depending on how hot the pepper is)
- ground black pepper
- 1Toast sesame seeds.
- 2Boil corn cobs for 3 minutes.
- 3After they have finished cooking, plunge them into cold water to stop the cooking.
- 4Slice off the kernels.
- 5Combine the corn, peppers, and red onion in a bowl.
- 6In a separate bowl, combine the sesame oil, cilantro, lime juice, fish sauce, chili pepper, and black pepper.
- 7Pour this mixture over the corn mixture and toss.
- 8Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- 9Grill the Salmon to taste.
- 10(I prefer Salmon quite rare, so just a few minutes per side).
- 11Arrange the rucola or watercress on two plates.
- 12Spoon the corn mixture over top.
- 13Place the grilled salmon on top.
- 14Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and some tiny cubed bits of red and orange pepper for color.
- 15Sprinkle the whole thing with the toasted sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fragrant Salmon and Sesame Corn Salad
Serving Size: 1 (652 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.4
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 935.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 70.2 g