Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
This salad is so wonderful! The taste of the corn combined with the sesame flavor and the sweet peppers and salmon is increadibly enticing and delicious... Enjoy!!
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 ears corn
- rucola (arugula) or watercress
- 2 sliced bell peppers (Red and Yellow peppers provide really nice color contrast)
- 1⁄2 finely sliced red onion (cut this very thinly so that the rings are transparent)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1⁄2 chili pepper (or to taste depending on how hot the pepper is)
- ground black pepper
- Toast sesame seeds.
- Boil corn cobs for 3 minutes.
- After they have finished cooking, plunge them into cold water to stop the cooking.
- Slice off the kernels.
- Combine the corn, peppers, and red onion in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sesame oil, cilantro, lime juice, fish sauce, chili pepper, and black pepper.
- Pour this mixture over the corn mixture and toss.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Grill the Salmon to taste.
- (I prefer Salmon quite rare, so just a few minutes per side).
- Arrange the rucola or watercress on two plates.
- Spoon the corn mixture over top.
- Place the grilled salmon on top.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and some tiny cubed bits of red and orange pepper for color.
- Sprinkle the whole thing with the toasted sesame seeds.
This was good, very healthy, and different. Thank you!