From Parade Magazine, Dec. 16, 2007. Sounds good and I don't want to lose this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cumin, saffron and salt; set aside.
- 2Heat butter and oil in a pot over low heat then add the onions and wilt, stirring for 5 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and carrots; cook 5 minutes more, sprinkling with the spice mixture.
- 4Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring to mix well.
- 5Add the broth and cherries.
- 6Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, until all the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- 7Fluff rice with a fork and serve hot.
Nutritional Facts for Fragrant Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.7
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 430.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: