Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From; The Book of Curries & Indian Foods
Make and share this Fragrant Rice Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse the rice (put it in a strainer to make this easier), until the water runs clear.
- Put the rice in a bowl, cover with the water and set aside to soak, soak 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, heat the oil and toast all the spices for one minute.
- Drain the rice and add to the pan.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until opaque and lightly golden.
- Add 5 cups of water (you may use the reserved soaking water, but I usually just use fresh water).
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- You may need to add additional water or cook a bit longer for the rice to get soft.
- When the rice is served, remind diners that the whole spices are for decoration, not eating.