Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A comfort food to have on a very lazy afternoon.
- 100 g red beans
- 100 g aubergines
- 1 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 bird's eye chilies
- 1 teaspoon cooking salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black beans (split and de-skinned)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Soak the Red Beans overnight.
- Drain the Red Beans and wash it well.
- Slice the Aubergines into small 1cm cube pcs. and soak in water to avoid discoloration.
- Add the Red Beans into a vessel along with the Cardamom, Cloves, Star Anise and Bayleaf.
- Add water enough to cover the above mixture and a bit more.
- Add the Salt and Turmeric Powder and pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the Cooking Oil into a wok and fry the Mustard, Cumin and the Black Beans.
- When the Mustard starts to splutter, slice the Bird's Eye Chilies into 3-4pcs. and add to the oil.
- Add the Aubergines and fry them lightly on low fire. Add a pinch of salt while the Aubergines are frying.
- When the Aubergines start turning soft, add the pressure cooked Red Beans and mix well.
- Goes well with Rice.
- As usual, bless the chef.