Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A comfort food to have on a very lazy afternoon.
Make and share this Fragrant Red Bean With Aubergines recipe from Food.com.
- Soak the Red Beans overnight.
- Drain the Red Beans and wash it well.
- Slice the Aubergines into small 1cm cube pcs. and soak in water to avoid discoloration.
- Add the Red Beans into a vessel along with the Cardamom, Cloves, Star Anise and Bayleaf.
- Add water enough to cover the above mixture and a bit more.
- Add the Salt and Turmeric Powder and pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the Cooking Oil into a wok and fry the Mustard, Cumin and the Black Beans.
- When the Mustard starts to splutter, slice the Bird's Eye Chilies into 3-4pcs. and add to the oil.
- Add the Aubergines and fry them lightly on low fire. Add a pinch of salt while the Aubergines are frying.
- When the Aubergines start turning soft, add the pressure cooked Red Beans and mix well.
- Goes well with Rice.
- As usual, bless the chef.