Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I make this to accompany the Lebanese Chicken Stew. I forget to wash the rice often, and it still turns out alright!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 g medium grain rice, washed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 500 ml water
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add rice and stir to coat.
- Add spices and stock and half the water and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Add more water if it seems too dry. I seem to need different amounts of water each time!
- Serve with Lebanese Chicken Stew as the liquid from the stew is great poured over the pilaf.
Wonderful alternative to a plain boring white rice. My husband loved the flavor. I used the white rice. Next time I will add some ground black pepper. Thank you.
Terrific rice! I used brown rice and cooked it a little longer than stated, as I find brown rice tends to take longer to cook. Full of flavour, we really enjoyed this. Thanks for posting!