1/2 Photos of Fragrant Paneer Rice
The heady scents of rose-water and saffron in this is intoxicating. It's a good dish to prepare if you have guests over and want to seduce them with the aroma of the food before it even touches their plate. The core of the recipe here is really the layering of fragrances by the various spices, so you may choose to omit the paneer, or substitute with other pretty and colorful veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat ghee and add cloves, cinammon, bayleaves and cardamom.
- 2After a minute, stir in rice (rinsed and drained), water and salt.
- 3Allow to boil, reduce heat and cover.
- 4Cook on simmer for 15-20min until the rice is cooked and tender.
- 5Add the paneer.
- 6Dissolve saffron in rose water.
- 7Drizzle this over the rice and toss to mix evenly.
- 8Serve with curry.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fragrant Paneer Rice
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 784.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: