Recipe by Engrossed
From: "The Vegetarian Epicure" by Anna Thomas, first edition 1972. This book was a real find! It says, "This is a fascinating way to start a dinner, or even to end it." and "This is a very aromatic, potent liquid."
Top Review by mersaydees
I juiced the oranges in my Jack Lalanne juicer. Love the spices. I didn't double them, but like mliss29, I wouldn't mind more of them. I've never had anything like this before, kind of like a mulled orange juice. Thanks, Engrossed! Made for NA*ME tag.
- 1 tablespoon ghee or 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 green cardamom pods, seeds from
- 1 quart orange juice, freshly squeezed