- 1 1⁄4 lbs mushrooms, divided
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice 4 oz mushrooms and set aside. Chop the remaining mushrooms and stems.
- Combine chopped mushrooms, stock and soy sauce in slow cooker; cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Process soup in food processor or blender. Return to slow cooker.
- Add sliced mushrooms; cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Stir in combined cornstarch and water. Stir in sherry and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.