- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1 stalk celery & leaves, chopped
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub salt and pepper into the skin of the chicken, and then place celery and apple inside of chicken.
- Place chicken in crockpot, and sprinkle with rosemary, onion, and lemon juice and zest over chicken; pour hot water over chicken.
- Cover, and cook on High for 1 hour.
- Switch to Low, and cook for 6-8 hours, basting several times.