Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Local paper recipes, if you like lemon, these are great! Cook time is per batch of cookies. Cookies will keep in tins for 2 to 3 weeks.
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, sofened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons grated lemons, zest of
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons tangerine zest or 1 1⁄4 teaspoons clementine zest or 1 1⁄4 teaspoons tangelo zest
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tangerine juice or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons clementine juice or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tangelo juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together 1/3 cup of the butter, the sugar, lemon and tangerine zests at high speed, until the mixture is pale yellow and fluffly.
- Beat in the egg, lemon, tangerine juices, vanilla extract, flour and salt until just combined.
- Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets witha little of the remaining butter.
- Drop 1/2 tsps of batter onto the sheets 3 inches apart.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the batter out into 2" rounds.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes on the idde and lower racks until golden and the edges are just beginning to brown; switch the sheets halfway through to ensure even baking.
- Using a thin metal spatula, carefully transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Wipe off the sheets; repeat with remaining batter and butter until done.
- When the cookies are completely cool, pack in tins.