1/1 Photo of Fragrant Lamb Chops With Tomatoes and Cinnamon
From Art Smith's newest cookbook called "Kitchen Life" which includes recipes for fast and easy meals. Couscous is a great side dich for this entree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper and add to the skillet, and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- 3Transfer chops to a platter.
- 4Add the remaining 1 tablespoons of oil to the skillet and heat. Add the remaining onions and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring often, until the edges of the onions begin to brown, about 6 minutes.
- 5Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 6Stir in the cinnamon and tomatoes with their juice.
- 7Return the lamb to the skillet and bring the sauce to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the lamb chops are almost tender, about 30 minutes.
- 8Uncover and cook until the sauce thickens, about 15 minutes more.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fragrant Lamb Chops With Tomatoes and Cinnamon
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.5
- Calories from Fat 506
- Total Fat 56.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 164.5 mg
- Sodium 152.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 40.5 g