Prep 12 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Art Smith's newest cookbook called "Kitchen Life" which includes recipes for fast and easy meals. Couscous is a great side dich for this entree.
- Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper and add to the skillet, and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chops to a platter.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoons of oil to the skillet and heat. Add the remaining onions and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring often, until the edges of the onions begin to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the cinnamon and tomatoes with their juice.
- Return the lamb to the skillet and bring the sauce to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the lamb chops are almost tender, about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until the sauce thickens, about 15 minutes more.
- Serve hot.
I thoroughly enjoyed this.The flavours are simple yet just so right. The only change I made is I used a can of Tomato Supreme instead of chopped tomatoes. This is something I will definately do again.