Recipe by jasminbaron
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. An easy twist on a traditional Indian curry. Quick and only five ingredients -- Simply Potatoes, chickpeas, spicy diced tomatoes, fragrant garam masala and fresh cilantro. Great served with rice or flatbread.
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes with spicy red pepper, undrained (or with green chilis)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and garam masala, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and diced tomatoes. Scrape up any browned bits that have adhered to the pan. Stir and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro to serve.