Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great stuffing for Cornish Hens but also good for other pultry or lamb or pork
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice or 1 cup long grain white basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped but still chunky
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 ounces of roasted pine nuts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Soak the rice in the water for an hour.
- Rinse the rice, replace the 3 cups of water and bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and cook until the rice is tender, apprx 40 min for brown rice& apprx 12 min for white rice Watch that the rice does not go dry but you can cook it uncovered.
- If there is any liquid left drain Meanwhile heat oil in a skillet and saute the onion and garlic until onion is translucent apprx 8 minutes Add mushrooms, raisins, ginger and other spices saute about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the rice and pine nuts, add broth, cool before stuffing.