Recipe by Hey Jude
Lower in fat because they're oven-fried rather than deep-fried, these chicken fingers are still full of flavor. This recipe comes from Whole Foods Market. Prep time does not include 4 hour marinading time.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh ginger, plus
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 2 1⁄2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 cup black sesame seed
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, whisked with 1/2 C. water
- vegetable oil, for spraying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, 2 T. ginger, tamari, sesame oil, cornstarch and water to make the marinade.
- Marinate the chicken strips at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, the remaining 6 T. ginger and the sesame seeds.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place the flour in one bowl, the beaten eggs in a second bowl and the bread crumb mixture in a third container.
- Coat the chicken in flour; tap off the excess. Then coat the chicken in the egg mixture and finally coat with the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken on a lightly oiled sheet pan and spray with canola oil.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until chicken is golden brown.