Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from the Philadelphia Jewish Exponent newspaper that I have made several times. I am posting it so everyone can enjoy it too. It was in a column by Ethel Hoffman. The ingredient list is long, preparation is easy.
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 stalk lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon basil, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup oyster mushroom, thinly sliced, I usually use portabello mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup basmati rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, minced
- Heat the chicken stock in large pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the lemon grass, ginger root, basil, red pepper flakes, chicken and mushrooms.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, lime juice, coconut milk and heat through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into bowls.
- Place a scoop of rice in center.
- Sprinkle with coriander.