This is a recipe from the Philadelphia Jewish Exponent newspaper that I have made several times. I am posting it so everyone can enjoy it too. It was in a column by Ethel Hoffman. The ingredient list is long, preparation is easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 stalk lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon basil, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup oyster mushroom, thinly sliced, I usually use portabello mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup basmati rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, minced
- 1Heat the chicken stock in large pot over medium heat.
- 2Bring to a simmer.
- 3Add the lemon grass, ginger root, basil, red pepper flakes, chicken and mushrooms.
- 4Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in the tomatoes, lime juice, coconut milk and heat through.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Spoon into bowls.
- 8Place a scoop of rice in center.
- 9Sprinkle with coriander.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fragrant Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 134.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: